Hotel del Tejadillo occupies a building with a peculiar layout, the result of the fusion of three mansions from the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth century. Located in a place crucial for the social and religious works of the epoch, these buildings sheltered two religious schools belonging respectively to the orders of Sagrado Corazón (1888 to 1950) and Hijas de María Auxiliadora (1945 to 1961).
Behind the regal front doors of the Hotel del Tejadillo, the visitor discovers an actual colonial-style boarding house. Paintings inspired in the city, ceramic works and copper travelers feature this stopover’s decoration. The lobby resembles the living room of a Havana residence at the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, giving way to the Catedral breakfast bar.
The hotel has two inner patios: La Arcada and La Yagruma; the former exhibits a mural reminding the city’s facades and galleries, while the latter aims at quietness and contemplation. Just a few meters away from the Plaza de la Catedral, the hotel’s location enjoys a Havana’s privileged area, where the París restaurant, the Museo de Arte Colonial and the Taller Experimental de Gráfica de La Habana, among other spaces, converge.