Hotel Conde de Villanueva
Sobriety and intimacy distinguish the ambience of this hotel located at the place that used to be the mansion of Claudio Martínez de Pinillos, Count of Villanueva, a famous personality of the nineteenth century, who had great influence in the social and economic flowering of the Island. Cuba owes to the Conde de Villanueva the early presence of railways in the country, as well as the construction towards 1831 of the Fernando VII aqueduct and several emblematic monuments of the city.
From the first encounter with the host family, the visitor has the possibility to receive a personalized and preferential service. Conceived for Habanos’ lovers, it has friendly rooms baptized with the names of famous Cuban tobacco fields, distributed around the central patio. With its unmistakable aroma, the Casa del Habano offers vitolas of the best Habanos’ brands, waiting to be enjoyed within its own halls. It also offers the Vegas de Vuelta Abajo restaurant and the El Corojo cafeteria.
Hotel Conde de Villanueva has become one of the places most visited by artists and the Cuban and foreign intelligentsia, as this is the site of the Galería Julio Larramendi, exhibiting the best in photographic art and other genres. The main hall, Paso Real de San Diego, with capacity for 60 guests, gathers the participants of conferences, cocktail parties and business meetings.